How to Upload Sketches to ESP8266 Boards
The upload procedure for ESP8266 boards is a little different from the normal Arduino procedure. Most Arduinos will automatically reset when a new program is being uploaded, and will automatically enter programming mode.On some ESP boards you have to manually enter programming mode, and on the bare-bones modules, you even have to reset them manually.So let’s take a look at a few simple circuits to get automatic uploads.
The blue signal is the voltage on the DTR pin, and the yellow signal is the voltage on the reset pin.
How to use Auto-Reset
To use this auto-reset circuit, connect it to the DTR line of your USB-to-Serial converter, and to the reset line of the ESP, as shown in the diagram. Then click compile (just because the first compilation can take quite some time). Go to Tools > Reset and select ‘ck’. When it’s done compiling, hold down the program button we added in the hardware step, and click upload. Wait for it to say “Uploading…” and then release the program button.
Auto-reset and Auto-program
Manual Reset and Manual Program
- press and hold the reset button
- press and hold the program button
- release the reset button, the ESP will boot in program mode
- release the program button
- upload the sketch
Latest posts by sarah ali (see all)
- What Causes WordPress 413 Request Entity Too Large Error? - February 15, 2018
- 15 Best WooCommerce WordPress Themes for Online Business 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Maximum Allowed Google AdSense Ads on your WordPress Blog - January 19, 2018