SEO tips for increasing blog traffic
What are your users searching for? You write something great but you don’t know whether your content is being found by them. So the question is how to optimize your blog so that your content is discovered by your potential audience.
When your customers are searching online, they type certain keywords important to them. So you really want to focus on writing for your customers and choosing keywords that actually relate to the searches that they do online.
So here are some SEO tips for increasing blog traffic:
Related: SEO tips for beginners
Create an editorial calendar for your blog content
- There are millions of topics you can write on. Have some idea about the topics which you want to write about.
- Focus on quality and uniqueness of the topic and see whether it’s useful for your audience or not.
- Have at least 20-30 topics before you start writing your blog.
- Keyword research is a very important aspect of search engine optimization. Do a keyword research to find out if anybody is actually searching for the thing you’re going to write about.
- Use Google’s Keyword Planner tool to determine what keywords to focus on is.
- The Google keywords planner tool will tell you about the keywords to use for promoting your blog.
- Ignore the keywords having zero or very less searches a month say below 50.
- Start with keywords with 500-1000 searches per month.
Choose the right title
- Spend a good amount of time choosing the right title.
- The title should be compelling and eye catching.
- A good title is like advertising; you can get people to click and read something
- You title should include the keywords that you research for SEO.
Write to add value
- Always create a valuable content and never write solely for the purpose of highlighting a keyword called keyword-stuffing.
- Show your content in an easily digestible list to make it easy for the users to read.
- Have other people read your content and give you some honest feedback.
- A good content will get people to comment on your blog.
Use SEO plugins
You need a plugin that will allow your content to be indexed by the search engines and will check the following:
- SEO title
- Meta description
- Article keyword
- Page URL keyword
So this plugin will basically give an indication to whether your SEO check is good or bad. If you are using WordPress you can use Yoast SEO plugin for search engine optimization.
So these SEO tips are important to keep in mind if you want to increase your blog traffic for free. If you are spending money then you can create a Google Adwords campaign where you can start with a simple pay-per-click ad.
Remember above all, give the best you can to your customers and stand out above the crowd!
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Get started with a Fingerprint Sensor Module using Arduino - September 13, 2017
- How to Print AT Commands with ESP8266 using USB TTL Converter - September 12, 2017
- How to Program Arduino Using Any Android Device - September 3, 2017