How to add rotating images to WordPress sidebar
It’s easy to add an image to a post or page, but when it comes to adding images in the sidebar, things can get a bit tricky. The image rotator widget is a plugin that fulfils your needs for displaying images/logos in the WordPress sidebar completely. The plugin is exactly what you would look for, where installation and configuration is exactly what you would expect. You can add the widget to the desired location, choose options for basic settings related to how to display the images, and add the images.
What’s special about the widget?
- Uses the WordPress Media Uploader to upload or select images
- Image linking to another page and in a new window
- Choose from three different smooth transitions linear, loop, and fade.
- Sets the transition speed
- Drag and drop feature to order the images or set to random to have them loaded in a different order each time
- Apply rel=“nofollow” for SEO if linked
- Compatible with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
- Includes jQuery.qtip and jQuery.imagesLoaded
Let’s get started with how to add rotating images to WordPress sidebar using Image Rotator Widget.
1. Install the Image Rotator Widget via the WordPress.org plugin directory.
2. After activating the Image Rotator Widget, navigate to Appearance -> Widgets.
3. Drag the Image Rotator Widget box to the sidebar region you wish to display it in.
4. Select from one of the transition types.
5. Add your desired images. You can specify the optional alt tag and a link for the image.
6. Sort the images by dragging them up or down.
7. Save. That’s it you are done!!
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Get started with a Fingerprint Sensor Module using Arduino - September 13, 2017
- How to Print AT Commands with ESP8266 using USB TTL Converter - September 12, 2017
- How to Program Arduino Using Any Android Device - September 3, 2017